.fr - France
Registration rules for .fr domain:
- Presence in the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland
- Can be registered both by companies and individuals
- Number of characters: 3-63 extension excluded
- Accepted characters: ''a - z'', ''0 - 9'', and ''-''. However, a "-" cannot appear as the first or the last letter of the domain name
- Domain names cannot have the 3rd and 4th character as hyphens ''xx--''
- Registration subject to AFNIC naming guidelines compliance.
Why choose a .fr domain?
The .fr is the French geographic extension, it represents the ideal extension for companies that conduct business in France and want to protect their name or brand.
Any legal entity having its headquarters or principal place of business within one of the member states of the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland can apply to register a .fr
Any individual residing in one of the member states of the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland can apply to register a .fr, there is no age restriction for registration
Over 700 incoming domains for unprecedented opportunities
Online Brand Protection
You did not find the extension you were looking for?
With Online Brand Protection your name is registered in every available extension, protected and promoted all over the Web
The domain you are after has already been registered?
See how much it is really worth and if you can recover it!